Present Perfect (ปัจจุบันสมบูรณ์) เป็นอีกหนึ่ง tense ที่ถือได้ว่าสร้างความงงงวยให้กับคนที่กำลังเริ่มต้นเรียนภาษาอังกฤษได้พอสมควรเลยหล่ะครับ
เพื่อเป็นการฝึกฝนการใช้ tense นี้ ผมก็มีแบบฝึกหัด present perfect tense เอามาให้เพื่อนๆได้ฝึกทำกัน ถ้าพร้อมแล้วเราไปดูแบบฝึกหัดพร้อมๆกันเลยครับ
Present Perfect Exercise 1: Conjugate the Verbs
- Sheila _____ (not live) in this country for a very long time. She _____ (have) problems with the language since she arrived.
- How long _____ they _____ (employ) Peter in his position? He _____ (not be) with the company for a very long time.
- _____ he ever _____ (fly) in a rocket to the moon? Of course he _______ never ______ (be) on a rocket! He’s not an astronaut.
- I’m afraid I ______ already _____ (eat) lunch, but I’m tired. ______ you _____ (have) a cup of coffee yet?
- My father _____ (wear) that jacket for more than twenty years. He ______ (not take) it off since last week!
- Alice _______ (be invite) to the party yet. ______ you ______ (ask) her?
- The policeman _____ (ride) his horse for over ten years. They _____ (be) together for a very long time.
- I ______ just ______ (go) to the bank, so I have some money. ______ they _____ (eat) yet?
- Peter _____ (not study) Russian for very long. I don’t think he ______ (speak) a word of the language outside the classroom.
- Either my brother or I _______ (leave) the computer at home, or _____ you _____ (see) it?
- Mary ______ always _____ (want) to live abroad. In fact, she _____ (be) a resident of Ireland for two years.
- Jane _____ (not know) him for very long. They ______ (date) for only three weeks.
- ______ you ever ______ (feel) as much in love as Mary _____ (demonstrate) these past few weeks with her new husband?
- The mayor ______ (give) a new order to close the city down because the government _____ (be worried) about crime for a long time.
- I ______ often _____ (wonder) whether he ______ (prepare) enough for his life as a emergency doctor.
- How long _____ John ______ (hope) to become engaged with Susan? I know they ______ (be in love) for a very long time.
- My dog ______ (not be wash) in a long time. I need to take him to the groomers. He ______ (begin) to stink!
- Peter says she ______ (prepare) well for the test. I know she ______ (study) every day for the past three weeks.
- The boys ______ (not be) in trouble for almost two weeks. I can’t believe it!
- I _____ (believe) in the power of positive thinking since I got into an accident twenty years ago.
Present Perfect Exercise 2: Put the Sentences Together
Put the following words into the correct order and write sentences or questions using the present perfect tense. You may need to provide a few words to complete the sentences.
- long / be able / Greek / you / how / speak ?
- 2010 / not / write / mother / letter / she / since
- never / they / vacation / go / Hawaii
- just / eat / Tom / breakfast / be / not / hungry / so
- want / you / ever / move / country / foreign / begin / and / again / ?
- drive / not / Annie / car / ten years / for
- Alex / often / Rome / be / how / ?
- already / you / finish / homework / ?
- she / examine / not / yet / subject
- over / for / wear / shoes / ten / they / years
Answers Present Perfect Exercise 1
- hasn’t lived / has had
- have they employed / hasn’t been
- Has he ever flown / has never been
- have already eaten / Have you had
- has worn / hasn’t taken
- hasn’t been invited / have you asked
- has ridden / have been
- have just gone / Have they eaten
- hasn’t studied / has spoken
- have left / have you seen
- has always wanted / has been
- hasn’t known / have dated
- have you ever felt / has demonstrated
- has given / has been worried
- have often wondered / has prepared
- has John hoped / have been in love
- hasn’t been washed / has begun
- has prepared / has studied
- haven’t been
- have believed
Answers Present Perfect Exercise 2
- How long have you been able to speak Greek?
- She hasn’t written her mother a letter since 2010.
- They have never gone on vacation to Hawaii.
- Tom has just eaten breakfast, so he isn’t hungry.
- Have you ever moved to a foreign country to begin again?
- Annie hasn’t driven a car for ten years.
- How often has Alex been to Rome?
- Have you already finished your homework?
- She hasn’t examined that subject yet.
- They have worn those shoes for over ten years.